1 Born at Pawlet, Rutland County, Vermont; daughter of Mary Upham and Ephraim Robinson. 2 Lived at Kirtland, Geauga County, Ohio, circa 1836. 3 Joined the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, as a founding member, March 17, 1842. 4 Married Lewis James, 1844; two children. 5 Settled at La Harpe, Hancock County, Illinois, by 1850. 6 Died at La Harpe. 7 (See Document 1.2, 4.28, first mentioned here)
-  Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Jan. 2015), memorial no. 93398857, Sophia F. Robinson James; La Harpe Cemetery, La Harpe, Illinois. An alternate birth date is July 26 or 27, 1808. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Dec. 2014), Sophia Robinson LH3X-CNF .
-  Hiel Hollister, Pawlet for One Hundred Years (Albany: J. Munsell, 1867), 232. “Family Tree,” database, Sophia Robinson.
-  Milton V. Backman Jr., Keith Perkins, and Susan Easton, comp., A Profile of Latter-Day Saints of Kirtland, Ohio and Members of Zion’s Camp 1830–1839 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University Press, 1983), 59. See also “People of the Time,” database, The Joseph Smith Papers (http://josephsmithpapers.org/reference, accessed Jan. 2015), George W. Robinson; George W. Robinson was Sophia Robinson’s brother and married Athalia Rigdon.
-  Nauvoo Relief Society Minute Book, 1841–1846, CHL, entry for Mar. 17, 1842.
-  “Married," Nauvoo Neighbor, Jan. 31, 1844, . Lyndon W. Cook, Nauvoo Deaths and Marriages 1839–1845 (Orem, UT: Grandin Book Co., 1994), 96. “Family Tree,” database, Sophia Robinson and Lewis James LH3X-CV2 . Find a Grave, memorial no. 93398857.
-  1850 U.S. census, Hancock Co., Illinois, p. 432B, Sophia James, NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 109; 1860 U.S. census, La Harpe, Hancock Co., Illinois, p. 995, Sophia James, NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 184; 1870 U.S. census, La Harpe, Hancock Co., Illinois, p. 199B, Sophia James, NARA microfilm publication M593, roll 226; 1880 U.S. census, La Harpe, Hancock Co., Illinois, p. 159A, Sophia James, NARA microfilm publication T9, roll 159A. U.S. census digital images from Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Dec. 2014).
-  Find a Grave, memorial no. 93398857.