Sarah Elizabeth Ward Higbee
March 6, 1802–April 1, 1874
1 Born at Tate Township, Clermont County, Ohio; daughter of Elizabeth Van Etten and James Ward. 2 Married Elias Higbee, 1818; eight children. 3 Baptized, circa 1832. Lived in Jackson, Clay, and Caldwell Counties, Missouri, 1833–1838. Moved to Commerce (later Nauvoo), Hancock County, Illinois, by 1839. 4 Joined the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo as a charter member, March 17, 1842. 5 Widowed, 1843. 6 Moved to Pike County, Illinois, by 1850; moved to Clarence, Shelby County, Missouri, by 1870. 7 Died at Clarence. 8 (See Document 1.2, 1.6, first mentioned here)
-  “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Sarah Elizabeth Ward LCCQ-C2Z . Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Apr. 2014), memorial no. 37088096, Sarah Elizabeth Ward Higbee; Clarence City Cemetery, Clarence, MO.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Sarah Elizabeth Ward.
-  Lyndon W. Cook, Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith: A Historical and Biographical Commentary of the Doctrine and Covenants (Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1985), 225. “Family Tree,” database, Sarah Elizabeth Ward.
-  Cook, Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 225.
-  Nauvoo Relief Society Minute Book, 1841–1846, CHL, entry for Mar. 17, 1842.
-  Lyndon W. Cook, Nauvoo Deaths and Marriages 1839–1845 (Orem, UT: Grandin Book Co., 1994), 36.
-  1850 U.S. census, Township 4 S 3 W, Pike Co., Illinois, p. 74B, Sarah Higbee; from NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 124. 1870 U.S. census, Clarence, Clay Township, Shelby Co., Missouri, p. 49A, Sarah Higbee; from NARA microfilm publication M593, roll 806. U.S. census digital images, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014).
-  Find a Grave, memorial no. 37088096. “Family Tree,” database, Sarah Elizabeth Ward.