1 Born at Savona, Steuben County, New York; daughter of Elizabeth Loomis and Orra Andrews. 2 Married Henry C. Spencer, 1864; three children. 3 President of the Woman Franchise Association in Washington DC, 1871–1876. One of the seventy-three women who attempted to vote but were refused in 1871. Secretary of the National Woman Suffrage Association, 1874–1881. Secretary of the American Red Cross Auxiliary Association, 1887–1892. 4 Died in New York; buried at Washington DC. 5 (See Document 4.27)
-  Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Jan. 2015), memorial no. 133906828, Sara Andrews Spencer; Glenwood Cemetery, Washington DC, District of Columbia.
-  “Mrs. Sara Andrews Spencer,” Woman’s Words (Philadelphia, PA) 1, no. 11 (Feb. 1878): 161.
-  “Mrs. Sara Andrews Spencer,” 161. Find a Grave, memorial no. 133906828. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Jan. 2015), Sarah Jane Andrews KCNT-SDZ and Henry C. Spencer KZK8-2CZ .
-  Who Was Who in America: A Companion Volume to Who’s Who in America (Chicago: A. N. Marquis, 1943), 1:1163.
-  Who Was Who in America, 1:1163. Find a Grave, memorial no. 133906828.