1 Born at Hinesburg, Chittenden County, Vermont; son of Belinda Palmer and Heman Bostwick. 2 Married first Sarah Eddy, 1820; three children. Married second Sarah Bardwell, 1830; four children. 3 Fined for slander against Hyrum Smith, at Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, February 1844. 4 Worked as a blacksmith. 5 Lived at New Orleans and Menard, Randolph County, Illinois. 6 Died at Naples, Scott County, Illinois. 7 (See Document 1.10)
-  Henry Anthon Bostwick, comp., Genealogy of the Bostwick Family in America: The Descendants of Arthur Bostwick of Stratford, Conn. (Hudson, NY: Bryan, 1901), 289. “Ancestral File,” database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Orsamus Bostwick 1X8F-55G .
-  Bostwick, Genealogy of the Bostwick Family in America, 289.
-  Ibid.
-  John Scott, Testimony, Nauvoo, IL, Feb. 26, 1844, Nauvoo, IL, Records, 1841–1845, CHL. See Andrew Hedges et al., eds., Journals, Volume 3: May 1843–June 1844, vol. 3 of the Journals series of The Joseph Smith Papers, edited by Ronald K. Esplin and Matthew J. Grow (Salt Lake City: Church Historian’s Press, 2015), 183–184.
-  1850 U.S. census, Third Representative District, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, p. 246A, O.F. Bostwick; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Aug. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 234.
-  1850 U.S. census, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, p. 246A. 1860 U.S. census, Menard, Randolph, Illinois, p. 978, O.F. Bostwick; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Aug. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 221.
-  Bostwick, Genealogy of the Bostwick Family in America, 289. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org, accessed Dec. 29, 2015), Orsamus Bostwick K26P-M94 .