Matilda Matey Dudley Ferguson Paschall Busby
March 15, 1818–October 8, 1895
1 Born at Piketown, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania; daughter of Judith Chase and Lawson Dudley. 2 Baptized, 1849. 3 Married first Henry Stephen Ferguson, 1837; one child. 4 Migrated to the Salt Lake Valley, circa 1851. 5 Settled at Salt Lake City; lived in the Salt Lake City Thirteenth and Twenty-First Wards. 6 Married second Mr. Paschall, circa 1854–1855. 7 Elected president of the Great Salt Lake City Female Relief Society, January 1854. 8 Appointed president and treasurer of the Thirteenth Ward Relief Society, 1855. 9 Married third Joseph Busby, 1856; one child. 10 Worked as a nurse. 11 Died at Salt Lake City. 12 (See Document 2.1)
-  Utah Division of State History, “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” database, Cemeteries and Burials (http://heritage.utah.gov/history/cemeteries, accessed Apr. 2014), M.M. Busby. Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Apr. 2014), memorial no. 24634269, Matilda Dudley Busby; Salt Lake City Cemetery, Salt Lake City, UT.
-  Endowment House Book A, p. 43, card no. 1110, Matilda Dudley, FHL microfilm 0183393. “Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849–1949,” p. 17 (1895), Matilda Matey Busby; database and images, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014); citing Management and Archives, Salt Lake City, UT; FHL microfilm 4139834.
-  Endowment House Book A, p. 43, Matilda Dudley.
-  “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Matilda Matey Dudley LHV7-KFN . “Idaho, Death Index, 1890–1962,” death certificate no. 005649 (1913), Henry A. Ferguson; database, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014); citing Idaho Death Index, 1911–51, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Bureau of Health Policy and Vital Statistics, Boise, ID.
-  “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Apr. 2014), Matilda M. Dudley Ferguson Paschall.
-  “Utah, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1850–1890,” p. 383 (1856), Matilda Dudley; citing Utah 1856 Statehood Census Index, comp. Ron V. Jackson, Accelerated Indexing Systems, Provo, UT; from U.S. Federal Decennial Census, territorial/state censuses and/or census substitutes. 1860 U.S. census, Great Salt Lake City Ward 13, Great Salt Lake Co., Utah Territory, p. 183, Matilda M. Busby; from NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 1313. 1870 U.S. census, Salt Lake City Ward 21, Salt Lake Co., Utah Territory, p. 154A, Matilda M. Busby; from NARA microfilm publication T9, roll 1337. Databases and images, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014).
-  “Family Tree,” database, Matilda Matey Dudley. Thirteenth Ward Relief Society Minutes and Records, 1868–1906, vol. 1, p. 646, Aug. 9, 1855, CHL.
-  “Record of the Female Relief Society Organized on the 9th of Feb,y in the City of Great Salt Lake 1854,” p. 2, Great Salt Lake City Relief Society, Utah Territory, L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT.
-  Thirteenth Ward Relief Society Minutes and Records, Aug. 9, 1855.
-  Endowment House Book A, p. 4, card no. 61 S, Matilda Dudley, FHL microfilm 0183374. “Family Tree,” database, Matilda Matey Dudley.
-  “Utah Directory, 1890: Salt Lake City, Logan, and Provo,” database, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014), Matilda M.M. Busby; citing Salt Lake City, UT, 1890 (Salt Lake City: R.L. Polk and Co., 1890).
-  “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” database, M.M. Busby.