1 Born at Ogden, Weber County, Utah Territory; daughter of Mary Ann Emmett and John Ellis. 2 Served as counselor to Emily S. Richards in the Ogden City Young Ladies’ Mutual Improvement Association. 3 Married Joseph Hyrum Watkins, 1879; one child. 4 Moved to St. Johns, Apache County, Arizona Territory, 1881. 5 Died in childbirth at St. Johns; buried at Ogden. 6 (See Document 3.26)
-  Utah Division of State History, “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” database, Cemeteries and Burials (http://heritage.utah.gov/history/cemeteries, accessed Oct. 2014), Mary Ann E. Watkins. Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Apr. 2014), memorial no. 87496882, Mary Ann Ellis Watkins; Ogden City Cemetery, Ogden, UT.
-  “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” Mary Ann E. Watkins. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Mary Ann Ellis KWVH-JM5 . 1860 U.S. census, Ogden, Weber Co., Utah Territory, p. 413, Mary A. Ellis in household of Jno Ellis; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Aug. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 1313.
-  Weber Stake Relief Society, Minutes, July 19, 1877, vol. 6, pp. 3–5; in Relief Society Minutes and Records, 1867–1968, Weber Stake, CHL. Susa Young Gates, History of the Young Ladies’ Mutual Improvement Association (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1911), 479.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Mary Ann Ellis. Mary Elizabeth Watkins Farr, “Life of Joseph Hyrum Watkins Sr.,” typescript, 1923–1924, p. 2, CHL. “Sons of Utah Pioneers Memorial Gallery Index Cards,” database, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014); entry for Mary Ann Ellis.
-  Farr, Life of Joseph Hyrum Watkins Sr., 2.
-  Ibid. “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” database, Mary Ann E. Watkins. Find a Grave, memorial no. 87496882.