1 Born at Farmington, Davis County, Utah Territory; daughter of Lucy Witter Geer and William Kelsey Rice. 2 Married Timothy Baldwin Clark, 1867; eleven children. 3 Served as president of the first Young Ladies’ Mutual Improvement Association at Farmington; served on the Davis Stake Primary board for twenty-six years. 4 Charter member of the Utah Women’s Press Club, 1891. 5 Active in the woman suffrage movement. Served as president of the Davis County Woman Suffrage Association and vice president of the state association, as vice president of the Utah State Council of Women, and as a delegate to a national suffrage convention in Washington DC. 6 One of three female candidates for the Utah Senate, 1896. 7 One of the first two women seated at the Republican National Convention, 1908. 8 Died at Salt Lake City; buried at Farmington. 9 (See Document 4.3)
-  “Utah Death Certificate Index, 1904–1961,” database and images, Utah State Archives (http://archives.utah.gov, accessed Oct. 2014); from Utah Department of Health, Office of Vital Records and Statistics, series 81448, file no. 1806/462 (1928), Lucy Augusta Rice Clark.
-  “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Lucy Augusta Rice KWZR-R8W . “Mrs. Lucy Clark Called by Death,” Davis County Clipper, Nov. 16, 1928, 1.
-  Utah death certificate, file no. 1806/462. “Family Tree,” database, Lucy Augusta Rice KWZR-R8W and Timothy Baldwin Clark KWZR-R87 .
-  “Mrs. Lucy Clark Called by Death,” 1.
-  “Notable Utah Women: Mrs. Lucy Clark,” Deseret Evening News, Sept. 16, 1900, 14.
-  Ibid.
-  The other two were Martha Hughes Cannon (elected) and Emmeline B. Wells. (Allan Kent Powell, ed., “Elections in the State of Utah,” in Utah History Encyclopedia [Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1994], http://www.uen.org/utah_history_encyclopedia.)
-  The other was Susa Young Gates. (Frank H. Hitchcock, comp., Delegates and Alternates to the Republican National Convention: Chicago, June 16, 1908 [Washington DC: Taft Headquarters, 1980], 44.)
-  Utah death certificate, file no. 1806/462. “Mrs. Lucy Clark Called by Death,” 1.