Francis Asbury Hammond
November 1, 1822–November 27, 1900
1 Born at Patchogue, Suffolk County, New York; son of Charity Edwards and Samuel Smith Hammond. 2 Baptized in San Francisco, 1847. 3 Migrated from California to the Salt Lake Valley, 1848. 4 Married Mary Jane Dilworth, 1848; participated in plural marriage. 5 Lived at Huntsville, Weber County, Utah Territory; moved to Bluff, San Juan County, Utah Territory, 1884. 6 Served as president of the San Juan Stake, 1884–1900. 7 Died at Bloomfield, San Juan County, New Mexico Territory; buried at Huntsville. 8 (See Document 4.21)
-  Andrew Jenson, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia (Salt Lake City: Andrew Jenson History Co., 1901), 1:351–353. Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Oct. 2014), memorial no. 21098303, Francis A. Hammond; Huntsville Cemetery, Huntsville, UT.
-  Jenson, LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, 1:353. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Oct. 2014), Francis Asbury Hammond KWJX-YZM .
-  Jenson, LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, 1:352.
-  “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Apr. 2014), Francis Asbury Hammond.
-  Jenson, LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, 1:352–353.
-  Ibid.
-  Ibid., 353.
-  Ibid. “Utah Cemeteries and Burials,” database, Utah Division of State History (http://heritage.utah.gov/history/cemeteries, accessed Apr. 2014), F. A. Hammond. Find a Grave, memorial no. 21098303.