1 Born at Georgetown, Brown County, Ohio; son of Phoebe Martin and Uriah Curtis. 2 Married Mary Caroline Barton, 1848; participated in plural marriage. 3 Migrated to the Salt Lake Valley, 1852. 4 Early settler of Cottonwood Creek, Emery County, Utah Territory, 1877. 5 Served as the first sheriff of Emery County. 6 Died at Barton, Custer County, Idaho. 7 (See Document 4.25)
-  “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://www.familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Erastus Curtis KWNK-GFP . Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Apr. 2014), memorial no. 16483519, Erastus Curtis; Barton Flat Cemetery, Mackay, Custer, ID.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Erastus Curtis.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Erastus Curtis and Mary Caroline Barton KWJZ-W58 . Edward A . Geary, A History of Emery County (Salt Lake City: Utah State Historical Society and Emery County Commission, 1996), 78.
-  “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Apr. 2014), Erastus Curtis.
-  Geary, History of Emery Count y , 65–66.
-  Ibid., 124.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Erastus Curtis. Find a Grave, memorial no. 16483519.