1 Born at Heywood, Lancashire, England; daughter of Rachel Taylor and James Whittaker. 2 Baptized in England, 1850. 3 Immigrated to the United States aboard the George W. Bourne and migrated to the Salt Lake Valley, 1851. 4 Married Henry Lunt, 1852; two children. 5 Lived at Cedar City, Iron County, Utah Territory. 6 Appointed secretary in the Cedar City Relief Society, 1868, and president of the Parowan Stake Relief Society, 1879. 7 Settled at Colonia Pacheco, Chihuahua, Mexico, circa 1890. 8 Died at Corrales, Lopez, Chihuahua; buried at Colonia Pacheco. 9 (See Document 2.6)
-  Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833–2011, reel 79, vol. 12, p. 427, Ellen Whittaker Lunt (Apr. 15, 1853), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, CHL. Evelyn K. Jones, Henry Lunt: Biography and History of the Development of Southern Utah and Settling of Colonia Pacheco, Mexico ([Cedar City, UT]: the author, 1996), 432. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Nov. 2014), Ellen Whittaker KWVS-8ZH .
-  Patriarchal blessings, 1853, Ellen Whittaker Lunt. “Family Tree,” database, Ellen Whittaker. “England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538–1975,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Nov. 2014), entry for Ellen Whitaker [ sic ], July 25, 1830; citing Baptismal Register, 1808–1837, Wesleyan Chapel, Heywood, Lancashire, England; FHL microfilm 560878, item 15.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Ellen Whittaker.
-  “Mormon Migration,” database, 1840–1932, Mormon Migration (http://mormonmigration.lib.byu.edu/, accessed Nov. 2014), Ellen Whittaker; extracted from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Immigration Index CD (2000). “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Nov. 2014), Ellen Whittaker.
-  “Western States Marriage Index,” database, BYU-Idaho Special Collections and Family History (http://abish.byui.edu/specialcollections/index.cfm, accessed Nov. 2014), Ellen Whittaker and Henry Lunt.Jones, Henry Lunt, 232. “Family Tree,” database, Ellen Whittaker.
-  1860 U.S. census, Cedar City, Iron Co., Utah Territory, p. 754, Ellen Lunt, from NARA microfilm publication M653, roll 13314; 1880 U.S. census, Cedar City, Iron Co., Utah Territory, p. 368B, Ellen Lunt, from NARA microfilm publication T9, roll 1336; U.S. census digital images, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Nov. 2014).
-  Cedar City Ward Relief Society, Minutes, Mar. 17, 1892, Cedar City Ward Relief Society minute book, 1856–1875 and 1892, Cedar City Ward, Parowan Stake, CHL.
-  See Jones, Henry Lunt, 345–370.
-  Jones, Henry Lunt, 432–433. Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Apr. 2014), memorial no. 42649545, Ellen Whittaker Lunt; Pacheco (Mormon Colonies) cemetery, Galeana, Morelos, Mexico.