1 Born at New York City; daughter of Catherine Ivens and John Hughes. 2 Married William C. Jones, 1825; ten children. 3 Joined the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, at its first meeting, March 17, 1842; authorized to collect donations for the Relief Society. 4 Migrated to the Salt Lake Valley, before 1850; lived at Salt Lake City. 5 Died at Sacramento, Sacramento County, California; buried at Fremont, Alameda County, California. 6 (See Document 1.2, 4.28, first mentioned here)
-  Find a Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com, accessed Dec. 2014), memorial no. 40923590, Elizabeth Hughes Jones; Centerville Pioneer Cemetery, Fremont, CA. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Elizabeth Hughes KWJ5-VFL .
-  “Family Tree,” database, Elizabeth Hughes. See International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude (Salt Lake City: Publishers Press, 1998), 2:1606.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Elizabeth Hughes and William C. Jones KWJ5-VFG . Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, 2:1606. Barbara B. Smith and Shirley K. Thomas, When the Key Was Turned: Woman at the Founding of the Relief Society (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1998), 17.
-  Nauvoo Relief Society Minute Book, 1841–1846, CHL, entries for Mar. 17 and 30, 1842.
-  “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Oct. 2014), Elizabeth Hughes Jones. 1850 U.S. census, [no city], Great Salt Lake Co., Utah Territory, p. 78B, Elizabeth Jones; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication M432, roll 919. “Utah, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1850–1890,” p. 506 (1856), William C. Jones; database, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014); citing Utah 1856 Statehood Census Index, comp. Ron V. Jackson, Accelerated Indexing Systems, Provo, UT; from U.S. Federal Decennial Census, territorial/state censuses and/or census substitutes.
-  Find a Grave, memorial no. 40923590.