1 Born at Plymouth, Devon, England; daughter of Jane Johnson and Michael Stockdale. 2 Immigrated to the United States aboard the Hudson and traveled to the Salt Lake Valley, 1864. 3 Married Richard Kendall Thomas, 1865; twelve children. 4 Represented the Young Ladies’ Mutual Improvement Association at the National Council of Women’s first triennial meeting in Washington DC, 1891. 5 Served on the Relief Society general board, 1902–1921. 6 Died at Salt Lake City. 7 (See Document 4.27)
-  “Utah Death Certificate Index, 1904–1961,” database and images, Utah State Archives (http://archives.utah.gov, accessed Jan. 2015); from Utah Department of Health, Office of Vital Records and Statistics, series 81448, file no. 576/520 (1931), Caroline Stockdale Thomas.
-  Utah death certificate, file no. 576/520. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Jan. 2015), Caroline Stockdale KWNX-PCN .
-  “Mormon Migration,” database, 1840–1932, Mormon Migration (http://mormonmigration.lib.byu.edu, accessed Jan. 2015), Caroline Stockdale; extracted from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Immigration Index CD (2000). “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Jan. 2015), Caroline Stockdale.
-  “Family Tree,” database, Caroline Stockdale and Richard Kendall Thomas KWNX-PCJ . Andrew Jenson, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia (Salt Lake City: Andrew Jenson History Co., 1901), 1:781. International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude (Salt Lake City: Publishers Press, 1998), 4:3078.
-  Certificate of appointment to Carolina T. Thomas, circa 1891, CHL. Emmeline B. Wells, notes from diary, Jan. 19‒July 31, 1891, in Relief Society historical files, 1888‒1984, CHL. [Emmeline B. Wells], “A Glimpse of Washington. The Woman’s National Council,” Woman’s Exponent 19, no. 17 (Mar. 1, 1891), 132–133. Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, 4:3078.
-  Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, 4:3078.
-  Utah death certificate, file no. 576/520.