1 Born at Alston, Cumberland, England; daughter of Ann Bentley and Ralph Thompson. 2 Migrated to the Salt Lake Valley, 1848. 3 Married William Samuel Godbe, 1855; eight children. 4 Settled at Salt Lake City. 5 Appointed counselor to Rachel Ivins Grant in the Salt Lake City Thirteenth Ward Relief Society, 1868. 6 Associated with the Church of Zion (Godbeites), which was founded by her husband, circa 1869–1880s. Attended the Liberal Institute and the Women’s Mutual Improvement Society; active in the woman suffrage movement. 7 Moved to Los Angeles, between 1900 and 1910. 8 Died at Los Angeles. 9 (See Document 3.7)
-  “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org, accessed Aug. 2014), Annie Thompson LXQY-PQ9 . “California, Death Index, 1905–1939,” p. 4017 (1928), Annie T. Godbe; database and image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014); citing California Department of Health and Welfare, California Vital Records-Vitalsearch, Pleasanton, CA.
-  Family Tree,” database, Annie Thompson. Edward W. Tullidge, Tullidge’s Quarterly Magazine (Salt Lake City: Star Printing, 1883), 2:300.
-  “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels, accessed Apr. 2014), Ann Thompson.
-  Family Tree,” database, Annie Thompson. Tullidge, Tullidge’s Quarterly Magazine, 2:300. Ronald R. Walker, Wayward Saints: The Godbeites and Brigham Young (Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1998), 44–45.
-  Walker, Wayward Saints, 45.
-  Thirteenth Ward Relief Society Minutes, Apr. 18, 1868, vol. 1, 1868–1898, in Relief Society Minutes and Records, Thirteenth Ward, Salt Lake Stake [Ensign Stake], 1868–1906, CHL.
-  See Walker, Wayward Saints, 279.
-  1900 U.S. census, Salt Lake City Ward 5, Salt Lake Co., Utah, p. 7A, Anna Godbe; from NARA microfilm publication T623, roll 1684. 1910 U.S. census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, p. 1B, Anna Godbe; from NARA microfilm publication T624, roll 79. Digital images, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Oct. 2014).
-  “California, Death Index, 1905–1939,” p. 4017 (1928), Annie T. Godbe.