Agnes McAuslan Allan
November 11, 1821–April 1, 1909
1 Born at Millcroft, Lanarkshire, Scotland; daughter of Betty Adamson and Peter McAuslan. 2 Married John Allan at Denny, Stirlingshire, Scotland, August 27, 1847. 3 Lived at Grahamston, Renfrewshire, Scotland, 1851. 4 In 1855, migrated to the Salt Lake Valley with help from the Perpetual Emigrating Fund aboard the ship S. Curling and with the Charles A. Harper pioneer company. 5 Lived at Coalville, Summit County, Utah Territory, 1870, and at Manassa, Conejos County, Colorado, 1880. 6 Helped settle Bluff, San Juan County, Utah Territory, early 1880s. 7 Appointed counselor in the Bluff Ward Relief Society presidency, 1888. 8 Died at Bluff. 9 (See Document 4.21)
-  Toni Richard Turk, Rooted in San Juan: A Genealogical Study of Burials in San Juan County, Utah, 1879 – 1995 ([Blanding, UT]: Publishers Press, 1995), 295.
-  Ibid.
-  “Scotland, Marriages, 1561–1910,” index, FamilySearch.org (https://familysearch.org, accessed Apr. 2014), entry for John Allan and Agnes Mcauslan; FHL microfilm 1041975, 0102105.
-  1851 Scotland census, Renfrewshire, Neilston parish, Grahamston, p. 14; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Apr. 2014); data from 1851 Scotland Census, General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland.
-  “New York, Passenger Lists, 1820–1957,” database, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Apr. 2014); data from Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1820–1897, Records of the U.S. Customs Service, from NARA microfilm publication M237, roll 152. “Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel,” database, 1847–1868, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel (http://history.lds.org/overlandtravels/home, accessed Apr. 2014), entry for Agnes McCauslan Allan.
-  1870 U.S. census, Coal Valley, Summit Co., Utah Territory, p. 4, Allice Allen [Agnes Allan]; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Apr. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication M593. 1880 U.S. census, Manassa, Conejos Co., Colorado, p. 21 (penned), Agnes Allan; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://ancestry.com, accessed Apr. 2014); from NARA microfilm publication T9.
-  See “John Allen” in Robert S. McPherson, A History of San Juan County: In the Palm of Time (Salt Lake City: Utah State Historical Society; San Juan County Commission, 1995), 102; and LaVerne Tate and San Juan County Historical Society, Images of America: Early San Juan County (Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2008), 13, 16.
-  “San Juan Stake,” Woman’s Exponent 17, no. 17 (Feb. 1, 1889): 134.
-  Turk, Rooted in San Juan, 295. “Family Tree,” database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org, accessed Dec. 30, 2015), Agnes McAuslan KWJG-N1H .